Hi! I’m Laura, a designer and plush toy artist who has made hundreds of original designs since 2006.
Sewing and embroidery are challenging, and I really struggled with them as I was self-taught. I’d like to make it easier for others to have an enjoyable learning experience to create something beautiful, and feel satisfied with the result. So, I started TeacupLion, where I share my patterns and knowledge.
For corporate contracts, please contact me at plush(at)teacuplion(dot)com
- 2016: Pattern design contract for Simplicity pattern #8188 in 2016 Autumn catalog
- 2015: Pattern design contract for Simplicity pattern #8034 in 2015 Winter catalog
- 2015: Patterns and kits featured in Nature’s Alley florist and gift shop
- 2014: Co-founder and admin of Plush Artists United, a Facebook community of 3500+ plush makers
- 2014: Pattern design contract for Multiverse Studios “Dinosaur Cubie”
- 2013: Featured at Anime Expo 2013 Brands Boutique pop-up shop
- 2013: Founded Teacup Lion Designs pattern design shop
- 2006: Started freelance graphic and toy design
sewing pattern testimonials
custom plush testimonials
“I’m writing this review about a plush Laura made, Altaria from Pokemon…I can tell you every day of the wait was worth it.”
“Throughout the whole process I received updated pictures … Laura was exceptional about her communication and trying to work with my every request for my plush.”
“This plush is by far one of my favorites in my collection and the time and energy spent making her really shows in her quality. I have gotten numerous compliments about her and how she fits so well with the design I had asked for.
Given the option I would definitely commission Laura again, she is such a wonderful person and an extremely talented artist.” ~Christina